FTP Settings for Windows Servers
Q: Why can't I view the contents of one of my folders in my FTP client?
A: Your client may be using Passive mode to connect to FTP. Disable Passive mode and reconnect.
In Filezilla, click on the File menu, then select Site Settings. In the next window click New Site:
- Host: will be ftp.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com) or the web server's IP address.
- Port: enter 21.
- Server Type: Leave set to FTP - File Transfer Protocol.
- Logon Type: Click the dropdown menu and select Normal.
- User: Your Lunarpages username.
- Password: Your Lunarpages password.
- Now click on the 'Transfer Settings' tab, then click the radio button for Active.
- Click OK and you are all set.
To set the global connection settings in Filezilla (this will affect all logins)you can follow these steps to get Active mode to be default. (Based on FileZilla 3.2.1)
- Open FileZilla
- Click edit then settings
- Click on FTP on left menu.
- Choose Active Mode
- Select Passive mode from left menu.
- Choose the option for Fall back to "Active Mode".
- Attempt to make the connection again and watch the connection succeed.
Want to read this in another language?