Free Education Account
Free Education Hosting Account Guidelines
- The person signing up for the account must represent the United States public school system regardless of grade. Private schools, colleges, churches, non profit organizations, day cares and schools outside the United States are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- This is our definition of a public school: An elementary or secondary school in the United States supported by public funds and providing free education for children of a community or district.
- The teacher, supervisor of the class, coach, counselor, PTA representative or administrator must be the one who is obtaining the account.
- There is no restriction on the use of the account as long as it is teacher driven. This is not intended for individual student projects or any use where the student would be the one purchasing the account.
- This can be used for correspondence between teachers, class websites, sporting sites, dance team or cheerleader sites, schedules, home work or class projects.
- As part of the program, Lunarpages will provide a FREE web builder, FREE unlimited phone and e-mail support, unlimited e-mail addresses and FTP accounts, 500 MB storage, 20 GB data transfer, and one FREE domain name registration for each new account. Additional features or upgrades may be available on a case by case basis.
- We must receive a letter on the school letterhead thanking us for our contribution to the school. The letter must include the school's Federal Tax Identification number as well as the name of the person that referred you to this program, if any.
- We must be allowed to release the name of the school obtaining the site for use in marketing or advertising efforts to promote Lunarpages.
- A banner must be placed on at least the main page of the site stating hosting is donated by Lunarpages. A text link is not acceptable. Banners may be found here and any size is acceptable.
- A text link, linking to Lunarpages.com, in the footer of each accompanying page is also requested.
- No links or references to a competing service (i.e. another web host) are allowed.
- We ask that each teacher obtaining a hosting account refer at least two other teachers for whom this program would be useful.
- No affiliate commissions may be earned from the free hosting site
- All sites are regularly audited to ensure compliance.
Lunarpages believes educating our youth is extremely important and we feel donating web space to public schools is a great place for Lunarpages to give back to the community. If you know of any eligible candidates for this program, please have them email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to read this in another language?