MS SQL Database Backup and Restore
The Windows hosting plan comes with a web-based management tool designed for MS SQL Server 2005. Now you can manage your own databases, including but not limited to uploading and restoring your own database.
MyLittleAdmin for MS SQL 2005 is a tool that will allow you to manage almost all objects of your database from creating tables, schema, snapshots, to backup and restore.
How do you login to MyLittleAdmin?
The login link for MyLittleAdmin will vary depending on the MS SQL server your hosting account uses:
- Castor - http://lesuth.lunarpages.com/mylittleadmin/
- Raptor - http://lesuth.lunarpages.com/mylittleadmin2/
- Bois - http://lesuth.lunarpages.com/mylittleadmin3/
- Kendal - http://lesuth.lunarpages.com/mylittleadmin4/
- Urmom - http://lesuth.lunarpages.com/mylittleadmin5/
To find out which server/link you should use, check your welcome e-mail. The MS SQL database server information can also be found in the Customer Account Page, under Hosting Information.
You can login using the following information:
- Type in your database user name and password.
- You must choose 'SQL Server Authentication'
- Choose 'Options' and change the drop down for 'Network Protocols' to 'TCP/IP'.
Once logged in please follow the Restore instructions below:
- Provide your own database backup in .bak format
- Log in, click on Tools > Restore Wizard (Web Hosting)
- Select the database from the drop-down menu and choose 'Browse' to upload the .bak file from your local computer
- Choose 'Restore Database' to continue
- A warning message will appear indicating the backup file is being uploaded and in the process of restore
- If the restore is successful, another message will appear indicating restore has finished
If you find that you can no longer access the database with the user that you have setup, then you will need to login to Plesk, delete the user and set it back up. You will then be able to access it through MyLittleAdmin again.
Backing up Database
To backup a MS SQL database, follow the above instructions to login to MyLittleAdmin. Once logged in please follow the Backup instructions below:
- Log in, click on Tools > Backup Wizard (Web Hosting)
- Select the database from the drop-down menu and choose a name for it where it says 'Set name'
- Choose 'Backup' to continue
- Within 5 minutes, it should backup your database and provide you with a link that you can use to download the new backup. It will be in .bak format. If you find that you can no longer access the database with the user that you have setup, then you will need to login to Plesk, delete the user and set it back up. You will then be able to access it through MyLittleAdmin again.
Want to read this in another language?