Zend Optimizer Local Install
On my shared hosting account, I need a higher version of Zend Optimizer than what is installed on the server. How do I locally install Zend Optimizer?
1. Visit http://www.zend.com/downloads to download latest Zend Optimizer.
2. Extract the files in your local computer. You will find a folder called data. Rename the folder to a more specific name such as zendopt (We will use this name for the rest of this article.)
3. Upload the zendopt folder to /public_html/.
4. Add the following line to /public_html/.htaccess:
- (Change username to your Lunarpages username.)
5. Add following lines to php.ini (create the file if it does not exist):
[Zend] zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15 zend_extension=/home/USERNAME/public_html/zendopt/4_4_x_comp/ZendOptimizer.so zend_extension_ts=/home/USERNAME/public_html/zendopt/4_4_x_comp/TS/ZendOptimizer.so
- (Replace USERNAME with your cpanel username.)
Please also replace
4_4_x_comp with whatever PHP version is on your server. The zendopt folder contains several folders such as
5_2_x_comp. Please select the closest to your PHP server.
6. Confirm the Zend Optimizer has been upgraded by creating a PHP file with the following line and browse the file on your site:
<? echo phpinfo(); ?>
Want to read this in another language?