E-mail Accounts in LPCP
From Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki
Need to create an e-mail address, so your web site visitors, friends and family members can contact you? Using the LPCP, you can easily get your own personalized e-mail address up and running. In this tutorial, we will cover the basics when it comes to e-mail address creation in the Lunarpages LPCP control panel.
How to Create an E-mail Account
The first thing you need to do is log into your LPCP account for your web hosting plan. Next, in the left navigation sidebar, you need to click on the link that reads, "E-mail Accounts" under the E-mail category. This will take you into your Email Accounts Manager.
Next, click the "Add New" link at the top of the page to create a new e-mail account.
Here you will see several boxes you need to fill out.
- Email: in the empty text box before the "@" put what you want to use as your e-mail address, such as your name. For example, if I wanted firstname.lastname@example.org, I would type mitch into the text box. Next, select in the drop down menu box the domain name you wish to use after the "@". This can be your primary or an add-on domain.
- Password and Re-enter Password: This will be the password you use to login to your e-mail account. Type it in the boxes marked "Password" and "Re-enter New Password".
- Quota (MB): In this box, you will type in a numeric value to decide how large you want your e-mail quota to be. This is how much space will be reserved for it on your web hosting account. If you put 0, then it will be unlimited.
- Enable SpamAssassin: Checking this box will enable our server side anti-spam filtering tool, SpamAssassin for this e-mail account you are creating.
- Auto-Delete Spam: Checking this box will automatically delete any e-mail that has been flagged as spam by SpamAssassin.
- Forward: Leave this box empty. For more help on how to setup and e-mail forwarder, check out E-mail Forwarders in LPCP.
Once you are sure all of your settings are correct, hit the button labeled, "Submit" to create your new e-mail account on your web hosting plan.
How to Edit and Delete an E-mail Account
To edit an e-mail account in LPCP, login to your LPCP account for your hosting plan, click on the E-mail Accounts link in the left sidebar navigation, and then click the link labeled, "Edit". This will allow you to:
- Change the Quota Size
- Enable or Disable Spam Assassin
- Enable or Disable Auto-Delete Spam
- Create a Forwarder
- Change the E-mail Account Password
To delete an e-mail account in LPCP, login to your LPCP account for your hosting plan, click on the E-mail Accounts link in the left sidebar navigation, and then click the link labeled, "Delete" next to the account you wish to remove. You will be asked to confirm the deletion, and then it will be removed for good.