JSP Framework Restrictions
From Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki
Do you have any restriction on what frameworks or libraries I may use on my web site?
The following libraries are NOT allowed on our servers:
- Apache James: Enterprise mail and news server based on Avalon/Excalibur libraries; Lunarpages already provides a mail server that supports SMTP, POP3, and IMAP.
- Apache ORB: This library does not work on our servers.
- Cocoon: This library is too big for a shared environment and has caused the server to crash in the past.
- Expresso: Has caused the server to crash and uses a large amount of server resources.
- Hibernate: Consumes excessive amounts of server resources.
- HSQL DB: We already provide MySQL as a database server. Please use that instead.
- Jahia: This library is too big for a shared environment.
- Java Server Faces/JSF: Not supported; can be run on J2SE environment however, it is Native to J2EE, and we will not offer the necessary components on our J2SE shared hosting environment. The necessary API have not been installed, due to compatibility and potential server stability issues.
- Jetspeed: Has caused major server crashes.
- Jive: Has caused major server crashes.
- JWMA: This has caused issues on the server. Please use JavaMail instead.
- Laszlo: Requires Dedicated server to run, uses too many resources for shared hosting.
- Sofia: Has caused unexpected behavior on Resin.
- Springframework: Not suitable for shared hosting environment.
- Tapestry: Support has been removed due to security restrictions
- Velocity: Has caused issues with Resin 2.1.
- WebWorks/OpenSymphony: Not officially supported because it requires J2EE.
Other Noteables: J-Forums includes HSQLDB files, drivers, on upload/deployment. As HSQLDB is not an allowed framework it is highly advised this be removed. You must ensure you are using the MySQL method for data storage.
We currently are aware that these frameworks can run on our servers:
- iBatis (Some customers are using this; future use will be reconsidered)
Please note that if a framework is not listed here, it does not mean we do not support it. If you have questions regarding whether a framework is allowed or not allowed on our servers, please feel free to send in a question to email@example.com or put in a Help Desk ticket.