Outlook Express is the name of Microsoft's lightweight e-mail client that was included with Internet Explorer versions 4 through 6. It was bundled with Windows 98 to Windows XP. In Windows Vista, Outlook Express was replaced with Windows Mail.
How do I set up my email in Outlook Express?
The following is a walk-through for setting up Outlook Express.
Go to Tools -> Accounts... -> Add...
- Display Name: Usually your name
- Email Address: Full email address (ir, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- My incoming mail server is a [POP3 or IMAP] Server.
- Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, HTTP) server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server: mail.yourdomain.com (or your ISP outgoing SMTP server settings)
- Account Name: Your full email address (ie, email@example.com)
- Password: Your e-mail account password
- Log in Using Secure Password Authentication is NOT checked.
Click Next and Finished.
Click Properties -> Servers Tab.
Make sure 'My Server requires authentication' IS checked ON if you're using our SMTP Server settings. Otherwise contact your ISP.
Click Apply, OK, OK.
The last step would be to test the e-mail account. If it does not work, try your ISP settings for sending e-mail.
More Help on Setting Up Outlook Express
For more assistance with setting up Outlook Express, please see these resources:
Want to read this in another language?