Sharing Calendars using Outlook with Exchange
From Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki
If your colleague has shared his/her calendar with you, Outlook 2007 provides you with the ability to view his/her calendar. For instructions regarding how to share and view a calendar, please follow the steps provided below.
Please Note that both users must have Professional accounts and configured their accounts in Outlook 2007 as "Microsoft Exchange Server" Accounts.
Sharing Your Calendar
To allow other users to view your calendar, you must initially use your Outlook 2007 client and select users from inside your domain.
- 1. Run Outlook 2007
- 2. Click on Calendar and then click on the Share my Calendar... link.
- 3. An invitation will open up. Click on the To... button and select a user from your Global Address List that you wish to grant permission to.
- 4. Click on the Send button.
- 5. The person you invited will now receive an email that will inform them that they can view your calendar. He or she can click on Open This Calendar to view your calendar items.
Viewing a Users Calendar
To view the calendar of another user on your domain, the user must have set up their calendar to share with you first. Then, the following procedure must be followed to view their calendar using Outlook 2007:
- 1. Open Outlook 2007
- 2. Click on Calendar and then click on the Open a Shared Calendar... link.
- 3. Click on the Name... button to open the Global Address List
- 4. Select the user who has shared their calendar with you and click OK
- 5. Click OK. You'll see that user's calendar under People's Calendars. Selecting the checkbox beside that calendar will allow you to view it side-by-side with your own Calendar or other shared calendars.
If the person had not yet decided to share their calendar with you, you can send a request for permission to view their calendar.
Sharing Calendars using Outlook 2010
To share your calendar with another Exchange user:
- 1. On the Home tab, in the Share group, click Share Calendar.
- 2. In the Sharing Invitation that appears, enter the person that you want to share with in the To box.
- 3. Enter or select any other options that you want, just as if you were sending an e-mail message.
The recipient gets e-mail notification that you have shared your calendar. You can also request that the recipient share his or her Exchange Calendar with you.
Tip: If you want to share a calendar that you created that is not your default Calendar, in the Navigation Pane, right-click the calendar name, and then click Share calendar name.