Upgrading and Downgrading
From Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki
Want to switch your hosting account type? There are a lot of different reasons as to why you may want to switch your hosting plan from one type to another. Maybe you need more disk space? Maybe you need more features? Maybe even your web site has outgrown a shared hosting service, and you need to move to a dedicated hosting plan. Whatever your reason may be we have your plan changes covered.
Please Note: Remember to tell our billing team which hosting plan you wish to move to, and for what billing period (such as 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, etc.)
How to Put in Your Upgrade or Plan Change Request?
Moving from one plan type to the next will require us to verify you are who you say you are. For verification reasons, could you please provide the following:
- Primary Domain Name:
- User Name:
- Last 4 Digits of Credit Card on Record:
If you do not have a credit card on record then please provide:
- Primary Domain:
- Postal Address:
- Phone Number:
- First/Last Digits of Password:
Server Moves May Require More Information
Be sure to include that information in the upgrade or plan change request, and we can move along with the process a lot quicker. Also, since this may require a change of server, please let us know the following:
- ASP - Active Server Pages Support ($2.95/month per domain or subdomain)
- JSP - Java Server Pages Support ($4.95/month per domain or subdomain)
- PHP 4 or 5
- PHP exec(), system(), or dl() functions
Please let us know if you have any of the following currently:
- ASP - (Provide domain(s) and/or subdomain(s) it is enabled on)
- JSP - (Provide domain(s) and/or subdomain(s) it is enabled on)
- Ruby on Rails - (Provide Application Name and Path; Is it fastcgi, or mod_ruby?)
- Add-on domain(s) - (Provide name(s) and corresponding folder(s))
- Dedicated IP - (Provide IP digits)
- Mailman Mailing List(s) - (Provide name(s))
- MySQL databases? - if you have these, please back up the SQL databases using the 'backup' option via cPanel. You have the option here as well to backup the full account, home directory, email aliases and filters as well. These are recommended when considering a move of the account.
- Parked domain(s) - (Provide name(s))
- SSL Certificate - (Provide Domain it is enabled for)
- Email Defense: - (Provide domain(s) it is enabled for)
- Custom Mail/MX records: (Provide them here)
- Custom DNS Records: (Provide them here)
When moving from a Basic hosting plan to a Business hosting plan, often no server move will be necessary. However, when moving from Basic/Business to Windows (or vice vera) or moving to a VPS hosting plan or Dedicated hosting plan this would require a server move.
Please note that you may be gaining or losing certain features with the hosting plan type change. Be sure to review the type of hosting plan you are moving to as well as the one you are changing from to make sure you can live without having certain features or so that you are ready to welcome in the new features you will be gaining.