From Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki
To view plan specifications please visit Weebly Web Builder
Below you will find links to various how to's for the Weebly Website Builder.
- Easy-to-Use Design Tools
- Optimized for Mobile Devices
- Website Templates
- Image Slider Module
- eCommerce compatible
- Social Media Integrated
- Blogging with comments
- Integration for Ads
- Customizable contact form with CAPTCHA
- Google Maps module with location and directions
1. Multiple Lunarpages Accounts - Each account that wants to use the Weebly website builder will have to have a unique email address associated with their main account. Clients can still have multiple Weebly plans under their main account, however if a client has a 2nd account with us and they attempt to start a Weebly plan under the 2nd account it will error out until they provide a different unique email address for that 2nd account.
2. Using Weebly for add-on domains - Before using Weebly website builder for an add-on domain you must first create a new folder under the public_html/ for each add-on domain as you will need to specify the (Site root path:) of the created folder to provision your new Weebly site (or you will overwrite any existing files in the default path.) Also you must point your add-on domains DNS to your name servers so your site will show online.
3. What if I already used my email at another host? - If you have in the past used your email address at another host for Weebly you will have to use an alternate email address in order to use the Weebly site builder managed by Lunarpages.
4. DNS Domain not showing online - If your DNS has not been setup or propagated yet after you publish your Weebly site you can add your shared servers IP to your hosts file to view your site online before that has completed.
EXP Host file entry:
Host File Location:
Windows 7, 8 = Windows (C:) > Windows > System32 > drivers > etc > hostsfile
Mac OS X = /private/etc/hosts </br>
5. PHP VERSION REQUIREMENTS - In order for your weebly site to publish correctly PHP 5.3.x needs to be enabled in your account or it will only publish text.
Beginner's Guide to Weebly
- Beginner's Guide: First Steps
- Intro to Content Elements
- Intro to Page Layouts
- First Elements: Adding Pictures to a Site
- Create More Pages for Your Site
- How to Switch Themes
- Edit the Header
- Edit Fonts
- Start a Blog
- Publish Your Site and Next Steps
- Copy a Page
- Change the Look of a Page By Altering Header Types
- How to 301 Redirect an Old Page to a New Weebly Page
- Reorder Pages
- Create a Navigation Link that Leads to Another Site
- Organize Subpages
- Hide Pages from the Navigation Menu
- Membership: Limiting Page Visibility to Members
- Membership: Creating Groups
- Membership: Inviting New Members
- Membership: User Registration
- Start a New Blog
- Create a Blog Post
- The Blog Sidebar
- Manage Blog Comments
- Use Facebook Comments On Your Blog
- Use Disqus Comments On Your Blog
- Share Blog Posts to Facebook and Twitter
- Scheduling A Blog Post
- Manage Blog Settings
- What is an RSS Feed?
- How Can Visitors Follow Your Blog?
- Blog Post Categories
Our Store tab enables you to build a fantastic online store, and these tutorials will help you make the most of all our Commerce features.
- Add Physical Products to a Store
- Add Selectable Options (like Size and Color) to Products
- Digital Goods That Customers Can Download
- Organize Your Store with Categories
- Show Off Products With Your Storefront
- Select or Change Your Store's Currency
- Set Shipping Prices and Options
- Accept Credit Cards or PayPal (or Both!)
- An Explanation of Commerce Transaction Fees
- How Does the Shopping Cart Work for My Customers?
- Create Coupons for Your Customers
- Link to Your Store From Your Site's Navigation
- Import Products (or an Entire Store) from Etsy, Shopify, or a Spreadsheet.
- Show Customers Other Products They Might Also Like
- Personalize Confirmation Emails for Your Customers
- Add a Note to Seller Field
- Advanced eCommerce Tracking with Google Analytics
- Export Your Store Order History to CSV (Excel / Numbers) or Quickbooks
- How Can I Accept Donations?
- Add Google AdSense to a Site
- Alter the Look of Google AdSense Ads
- Use Zapier to Automatically Add eCommerce Customers to a Newsletter Mailing List
- Verify Your Store with Wanelo
Stats & Search Engines
- SEO: Descriptions and Keywords
- The Basics of Improving Your Search Ranking
- Verify Your Site with Search Engines
- Keywords and Descriptions
- Google Analytics
- Your Site's Stats Dashboard
- An Update to Google's Mobile Algorithm
Text and Images
Text and images are likely to make up the bulk of your site content. Read these guides to learn how to get the most from each.
- Add and Edit Text
- Change Fonts
- Upload an Image
- Create Text Links
- Create Image Links
- Create Button Links
- Create Anchor Links
- Upload PDFs, Powerpoint Slides and other Docs
- Upload an Image Slideshow
- Upload an Image Gallery
- Upload a Logo to Your Site
- The Block Quote Element
- Disable Image Downloads
- Use Professional or Free Stock Photos
- Problems Uploading Pictures or Files?
Video & Audio
- Upload Videos Using Our HD Video Element
- Embed Videos from YouTube
- Embed Video from Vimeo and Other Hosts
- Upload Music Using Our Audio Player
Custom HTML & Embeddable Widgets
- Add a Search Field
- Add a Map to Your Site
- Add Widgets, Videos, and Other Content by Embedding Code
- Add Your Twitter Feed / Badge to a Site
- Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Site
- Add an Instagram Feed to Your Site
- Verify Your Site with Pinterest
- Create a Newsletter Sign-up or Autoresponder Form
- Add Social Media Links / Icons (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
For support please visit the Deskor Call us. If you do not have a Help Desk login yet, you can create a login. Please Note that your Lunarpages Help Desk user name and password is not created when you setup your hosting account.
As an alternative to a help desk ticket, try e-mailing email@example.com directly. This too will submit a help desk ticket for you.